Thursday, November 7, 2013

Butter Parmesan Cabbage

I love cabbage. Probably more than most people. Tonight I was wondering what I could stuff my face with as an alternative to Halloween candy. And that is how Butter Parmesan Cabbage came to be. I read a post earlier today on a paleo blog and they suggested subbing cabbage for pasta. And as much as I love butter noodles sprinkled with Parmesan cheese I thought I'd give it a try with cabbage. And let me tell you, it was delicious.

Ingredients:

  • 4 cups of cabbage sliced into strips (mine were about 1/2 inch x 3 inches)
  • 1/4 Tbsp. butter
  • Garlic salt to taste
  • 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Melt butter in frying pan. Add sliced cabbage and cook over medium heat about 5 minutes, tossing every minute or so. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Cook about 3 more minutes, tossing every minute or so until cabbage is very tender. Remove from heat and toss in the Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment