Sunday, October 6, 2013

Supper Club Menu

It was my turn to host supper club last month and I came up with a menu that I really loved and wasn't too complicated (although the Pierogies were a little time consuming). I served this with pink lemonade and a lemonade/iced tea mix. I think wine would go great with it, too! Best of all, the leftover Pierogies reheat well in the microwave and make a tasty breakfast.

CourseRecipeNotes
AppetizerFried artichoke heartsI used a can of quartered artichoke hearts (drained and dried with paper towels) and breaded them twice before pan frying them in canola oil. i.e. Dip in egg, roll in bread crumbs, dip in egg again, roll in bread crumbs again. This is a tweaked version of EatLiveRun's 'Better than fried artichokes' recipe. I used the same breading and aioli dipping sauce. IMO, the original recipe was good, but not better than these fried artichokes!
Main DishCheddar Garlic Oven Fried ChickenI left the garlic out of the butter dip so the garlic wouldn't be so overpowering. But if you love garlic, by all means!
SidePierogiesSince I didn't have sour kraut on hand and had some cabbage to use up, I improvised! In place of the saur kraut I used the same amount of finely shredded the cabbage that I let it soak in about 1 Tbsp of vinegar and 1/4 tsp of salt for about 5 minutes. I couldn't really taste it but I liked the added texture it gave the filling.
SideRoasted Cauliflower and Brussels SproutsI basically doubled this recipe, once for the Brussels Sprouts and once substituting a head of cauliflower for the sprouts. I tossed them together and the flavors complimented each other.
DessertSopapillasThese are so simple to make, you probably don't even need the full instructions. Just fry up some cresent rolls, toss them in a bag full of cinnamon and sugar, and then drizzle with honey. They're also great tossed in powdered sugar. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment