Thursday, March 27, 2014

Veggie Lo Mein

This is a healthy/tweaked version of a recipe I saw over at Dish-Ditty.com Since I couldn't find a few of the ingredients I just made up my own. It turned out so well I have made this twice now. And I must say, it makes for delicious leftovers that are even tasty eaten cold! The small amount of Sriracha sauce will add some nice flavor, but it's such a small amount that even a kid should be able to handle it!

Ingredients:

  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1/2 box whole wheat spaghetti noodles (3 servings)
  • 1/4 green cabbage, thin sliced
  • 2 carrots, shredded
  • 3 green onions, chopped (I use the whole thing)
  • 2 Tbsp low sodium Terriyaki sauce
  • 2 Tbsp low sodium Soy sauce
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp Sriracha sauce

Directions:

  1. Cook the noodles until almost al-dente and drain.
  2. Heat the sesame oil over medium heat and then add in the veggies and noodles. Stir fry for about 5 minutes.
  3. Add in the Terriyaki sauce, Soy Sauce, and sugar. Continue to cook a few more minutes until veggies are soft.
  4. Turn off heat and stir in Sriracha sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment