Monday, March 24, 2014

Caprese Sandwich

With only 4 ingredients, this simple sandwich is incredibly delicious. A few months ago I bought one of these at Alon's Bakery in Atlanta and I'm hooked. But at $6.99 a piece, I decided to make this myself at a fraction of the cost.

Ingredients:

  • Ciabatta bread
  • Tomato slices (about 1/4 inch thick)
  • Fresh mozzarella cheese (about 1/4 inch thick)
  • Fresh basil leaves
  • Balsalmic vinegar (optional)

Directions:

I'm sure you've made a sandwich before, so I won't go into too much detail... I cut the ciabatta bread in half and add one layer of each ingredient - no need to stack this stuff up as it is all very flavorful. Sometimes I'll add a spritz of balsalmic vinegar for a little extra kick, but Alon's doesn't do this and it tastes just as good without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment